STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — “Wow” your guests this holiday season with craft cocktails!
Josh Curtis, of Santa Monica bar Cop d’ Oro, visited the KCAL9 studios Monday to share some simple cocktail recipes.
• Always start with appropriate or festive glassware – presentation is key!
• For those looking for a health conscious cocktail, guests will be impressed with the Holiday Moscow Mule, which we’re making with Kombucha Dog’s Ginger kombucha. Kombucha Dog is packed with probiotics and detoxifying enzymes and features a different local rescue dog on each bottle, so it’s perfect to use during the time of giving
• Kombucha Dog is available across Los Angeles at places like Tender Greens and The Oaks Gourmet
• One of the most delicious cocktails that you can serve at your holiday gathering and one of my signature drinks is the Cocoa Bean Martini made with Flor de Caña 7 Year Old “Grand Reserve Rum”
• Rum is one of the most versatile spirits and Flor de Caña has been slow-aging their rum in Nicaragua since 1890. It’s a great, high-quality, artisan rum and really compliments the chocolate flavors in this drink. You can find it at Bevmo or at specialty retail stores like Wally’s Wines in Westwood
• For a non-alcoholic drink, you can impress your guests with the simple Thomas West non-alcoholic cocktail (Reference cocktail on display)
Cocoa Bean Martini Featuring Flor de Caña 7 Year Old Rum Recipe:
2 oz Flor de Caña 7 Year Grand Reserve Rum
.75 oz Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
.75 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
.25 Frangelico Hazelnut Liquor
Melted Chocolate Bar rim on a frozen martini glass
Candied Orange Peel
Heat up chocolate bars on the stove on low heat just enough to completely melt the chocolate. Stir and mash until liquefied.
Rim martini glasses in chocolate and store upright in the freezer or refrigerator. Glasses should be cold when the cocktail is served.
Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker and be sure to be precise with all of the measurements: Measure the Flor de Caña 7 Year Grand Reserve Rum, Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, Bailey’s Irish Cream, and Frangelico Hazlenut Liquor. Test the cocktail to ensure that it is not too sweet.
Fill half of the shaker with ice. Make sure it is sealed tight to avoid spillage and shake hard for approximately 15 seconds.
Pour through strainer in to the chocolate rimmed frozen martini glass.
Score candied orange peels with a knife and create a small slice so that the garnish will rest on the edge of your glass.
Keep fingers clear by moving slowly as you fresh grate nutmeg with a small grater.
Fuente: CBS Los Angeles